Friday, January 12, 2007

People are lying when they say television sucks

My apologies for the long delay in the update. As I was home for three weeks, my access to the internet was tenuous. Also, I was busy with friends, family, and moving people into new houses.

I had a chance to see the Michael Kirby clan, with Private Mike relatively recently back from Iraq, and Elly Kirby relatively recently born. Ivie, relatively recently 2, was in attendance as well with the matriarch, Meghan. Elly and Ivie are such fantastic, cute, and well-behaved children that they could make anyone want children. Of this, I'm convinced.

Also, the Chris and Sara Kirby family (with 4/9 of a still en-wombed baby) were in attendance as well. Brother was also home, so it was a complete-family holiday. There was lots of food, lots of playing with kids, lots of watching home videos. It was relaxing and warm and everything a holiday should be.

However, I have to note the passing of my grandfather, Harold Gaines. I would go into his life and times, except that Brother did it much more eloquently than I could hope to. I'll merely point you in this direction, for a glimpse into what it was like having this character for a grandfather.

As for school, I'm back into the swing of things. I gave my first presentation yesterday (I'd say it went swimmingly), am looking to join a gym, and have become obsessed with watching television on my computer. Oh, it's bad.

I've started watching Heroes and How I Met Your Mother. This is in addition to the DVDs I got for Christmas, which include season two of Chapelle's Show, season three of Arrested Development, volume three of The Family Guy, a few movies, some Pete and Pete, and an older volume of Family Guy. I'm doomed. What dissertation?

No comments: