Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dust Mop

I'm not dead, I just have three big assignments to be working on. A presentation comparing school lunch policies in the US and UK, a paper on the effect of the nonprofit sector on social capital, and some sort of research proposal for law and regulation - which draws the most ire form me. I just don't understand why we're expected to kill ourselves with this huge assignment when it has nothing to do with our final grade. I don't mind work for the sake of work, but this is sort of overkill. Oh, but I don't want to fill this us with senseless complaining.

Here's something fun: last.fm. It allows you to type in the name of an artist you like, then plays you a n=bunch of music that's similar. It's better than pandora, which only takes some "scientific" factors and applies them to other artists, whereas this was just put together by people who know a lot about music and can determine, for instance, that if you area fan of Beachwood Sparks, that you will aslo probably like Buelah and the Flaming Lips (among many others). It's lots of fun. Tons, even.

So play and don't ever take law and regulation - these are my tips for the week.

Oh, and Dad will be arriving next Friday. I'm excited. We'll have oodles of fun. Just oodles!

No comments: