Saturday, September 30, 2006

Finally, A Little Bookish

I started my course reading today. While I don't have any lectures until Wednesday, there's so much to do, I figured I'd start out earlier rather than later. Pretty dry stuff, on attempting to determine a public policy paradigm (we love alliteration as much as the next guy) and what's wrong with most of the current, mainstream policy analyses. But what was easily the best part of studying was the part in which one article author used as an example a Clinton policy to expand benefits for Vietnam vets who may or may not have a greater risk for prostate cancer due to exposure to Agent Orange. The funny part (I'm getting to it) was that the author continuously referred to prostate cancer as prostrate cancer. Repeatedly. I hucked a guffaw and then kept reading.

And that was my Friday night. (Save for a quick trip down to the Watershed for a half-pint of cider and some live, crappy music I could hear from my room anyway.)

Today's music selections centered on The Fifth Dimension's The Greatest Hits On Earth (not as lofty a claim as one might think after giving it a good listen) and Andre 3000's The Love Below. It was a very groovy day.

And, finally... academic advice from New Zealand.

2 comments:

The Narrator said...

How can you read the books if you're in a foreign country?

Hayley said...

You read them on the left side of the road.